Another look for objets DX

Started by
1 comment, last by afsajghfd 13 years, 11 months ago
Hi, I'm trying to change the look of the following objects http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/5967/scrnsht.jpg (i don't know how to embbed it) as i haven't ANY graphics skill, I need a little help, tips and comments about how to change the object for a better appearance. This miniCAD was developed in Direct3D. The showed are Mesh.Polygon objects with Material property set to : .Specular = RoyalBlue .Ambient = Blue .Specular = RoyalBlue .Emissive = RoyalBlue When the graphics card it's enabled for lights, the render looks pretty cool, but when not, it looks like the posted object above. I changed the edge color to Black, else objects look pretty bad Also, as you can see, antialiasing looks very awful How Can I improve the appearance ? ANY comment is welcome!
Advertisement
Enable lighting, or map it with a texture that has lighting "baked" into the texture map. Human vision relies on shading of surfaces coupled with stereo-scopic vision to relay information about an object's shape to the brain; in the absence of stereo images, shading is the sole source of information, and without shading, all you have are colored regions on the screen.
thanks for your comment !! I really appreciate it!
I've already light enabled, that screenshot is from when the graphics card doesn't support lights. It seems like a good way to jump over that problem.
Thanks again !

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement