• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

TEXTURE_1D as Integer lookup table in shader?

This topic is 2858 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ok, I have two integer arrays (one 256 vales, the other 256*3 values) and instead of hardcoding them in the shader I want to use an isampler1D for each to do some lookups. My idea was to use an 8bit (1 channel, r) texture for the first and a 24bit (3 channel, rgb) for the second array. creating and attaching the textures to the sampler location seems to work fine
  int lookupA_length = 256;
  int lookupA[lookupA_length] = {.....};
  glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_1D, texId);
  glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_1D, GL_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER, GL_NEAREST);
  glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_1D, GL_TEXTURE_MAG_FILTER, GL_NEAREST);
  glTexImage1D(GL_TEXTURE_1D, 0, GL_R, lookupA_length, 0, GL_R, GL_INT, lookupA);

glActiveTexture(GL_TEXTURE0);
  glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_1D, texId);
  int texUniform = glGetUniformLocation(programId, "lookupA");
  glUniform1i(texUniform, 0);

In the shader the sampler is declared as isampler1D and in my understanding I can use texelFetch(lookupA, i, 0).r to get the direct integer value of the lookupA sampler at position i (single channel texture, return value is an ivec4 so the .r to get the right channel). But it doesn't work ... texelFetch always returns 0 ... Any ideas or suggestions? (GLSL 1.5, GL 3.2 forward compatible context, ATI HD4850, Linux 32bit)

Advertisement
If you use a isampler1D, your texture must have a compatible internal format, such as GL_R8I, GL_RG8I, etc. Change GL_R to GL_R8I and it should work.

I dug into the 3.2 core spec and the 3.2 quick reference card and changed (according to the case) both format and internalformat.

for the single channel array:
internal = GL_R8I, format = GL_RED_INTEGER

for the 3 channel array:
internal = GL_RGB24I, format = GL_RGB_INTEGER

but that changed nothing, outputs from texelFetch still 0 no matter what.

maybe my usage of texelFetch is wrong here ...

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement