• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
tweduk

[.net] Generic classes in mixed C# and C++/CLI VS2010 solution

This topic is 3012 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I have a trivial .NET 4.0 C# project, consisting of ICSharpInterface.cs:
namespace CSharp {
    public interface ICSharpInterface<T> where T : struct {
    }
}

According to the documentation, "where T : struct" constrains T to be a value type. I also have a trivial .NET 4.0 C++/CLI project that references the C# project. It consists of CPPImplementation.h and CPPImplentation.cpp:
#pragma once

namespace CPlusPlus {
    generic <typename T> where T : value class
        public ref class CPPImplementation : CSharp::ICSharpInterface<T>
	{
	};
}

#include "CPPImplementation.h"

According to the documentation, "where T : value class" constrains T to be a value type. When I attempt to build the solution, it fails as follows when compiling CPPImplementation.cpp: Error 1 error C3214: 'T' : invalid type argument for generic parameter 'T' of generic 'CSharp::ICSharpInterface', does not meet constraint 'System::ValueType ^' y:\develop\vs2010\test\cppimplementation\CPPImplementation.h 5 1 CPPImplementation Any ideas who or what is at fault here? I find it odd that it wants T to be "System::ValueType^" instead of "System::ValueType". Maybe the definition of "value type" is different in C++/CLI and C#, even though they both run on top of .NET ? thanks Tom

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!