RPGs, What do YOU expect from a great RPG?

Started by
52 comments, last by stviemr 24 years, 3 months ago
About The RPG:
Sorry it''s been so long since I''ve posted anything, that is, if it matters to anyone anyways...
I am starting a continuation of this message in "RPG Interface, What to and what not to do..."
At this point in development, I feel we need to get a grip on the Interface, so that we can then develop the features of the game. (in otherwords, we need to know what the player''s base of input from the game will be, whether he/she will interact with characters by text or simply have to "listen" to what they say with pre-programmed responses...)
We have changed our minds to a 2D tile engine, at least for this game, see as how the vast majority of RPGs use a 2D Engine (and for that matter, the vast majority of games period, excluding 3D FPS)
I feel that if 2D is done well, the player won''t care about it as much as other external element (sound, music, plot, interface, freedom, etc.)
I will still read messages from this page about pros and cons in RPG''s, but if you want to give some input on Interfaces it would be GREATLY appreciated.
Advertisement
AnonymousPoster: Shadow died in the Tower of Kefka?? (He''s in the Colloseum (however it''s spelled) and I forget exactly what item you have to bet to fight him (a dagger of some sort?))

- null_pointer
You need to bet "The Striker".

Anthracks, master of random FF3 trivia (this game is my God
3D graphics (but that dosnt matter so much)
Wide variation of monsters and bonus quests...
Ability to choose from different character classes..
A good story..

My favorites in nonorder:

Fallout
Fallout 2
Ultima 7
Revenant
Baldurs Gate

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement