Sign in to follow this  

Microsoft's Visual C++ Express free download

This topic is 2791 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

From reading I saw that Microsoft's Visual Studio Express line had free downloads. I just tried to download Visual C++ to my Downloads folder and then Run it set it up. But it said that vc_web.exe is not a valid Win32 application. I have Windows 7. Is that the issue?

I'd say try downloading it again, it sounds like it might be corrupt. The vc_web version is the lite installer, it will download what it needs as it is installing. There is an iso you can download too that will have all of the vs2010 express files, and just install which parts you want.

I just tried it again and instead of Save I chose Run and it gave the same message...not a valid Win32 application. I saw the ISO file is 690 MB which is over the daily download limit for our satellite connection so will have to wait til late during the unlimited download hours. But I'm wondering if it will just give the same odd message anyway. I thought the 2010 Express would be compatible with Windows 7 so it doesn't make sense.

Yes, sorry I just double checked the system requirements and it is Windows 7 compatibility. It should be a simple download and setup so I'm totally mystified but really want to get it installed. Anyone else run into this installation problem? I will try downloading the ISO later tonight and see if that works.

This topic is 2791 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.