Sign in to follow this  
vivendi

[XNA] Need shadows - shadow mapping

vivendi    123
I've been trying to add shadows to my game but i'm having a hard time to do so. I found a few examples on shadow mapping. But they all use a .FBX file as a terrain. What they do is they pass Model as an argument to a method: //used for creating the shadow map RemapModel(Model model) Which is OK if you load a FBX file as a terrain. But the problem i have is that i create a terrain with indicies/vertices, like they learn you in most tutorials. So now i'm stuck at the point, how to pass my terrain to that function? But if you know any other good example on shadow mapping (and please NOT riemers tutorial) then please post a link.

remigius    1172

I think this RemapModel function is part of Riemer's code, so I can't tell you how you can pass your terrain to it. I'm also not sure what the function is doing anyway, but if it's doing something with the vertices of the Model object, it might be an option to rewrite it so it does the same to the vertices of your terrain. Perhaps the shadow mapping sample from the Creators site may be of use?