Wich 3D Modelling and Animating Program do you Recommend?

Started by
8 comments, last by Twilight 13 years, 11 months ago
Hey, I am wondering what 3D Modelling Program and Animating Program I should be using to create models for games. Wich one do you recommend? PM me, Reply here on the thread or Email me : Darkcrusade312@gmail.com Thank you! :) //Nisse
Advertisement
Blender!

Alternatively, if you have either an abundance of money or a dearth of scruples you could look into 3ds Max.

EDIT:

I should add that you should also take into consideration the game engine. For example, Blender has its own game engine, and there are also mature tools (import/export scripts) to interface with OGRE3D. However, other game engines may not have very solid tool support.
RealSoft 3d
Low price, can do all parts of CG.

Modo
Low price, can do all parts of CG.

Maya & 3ds max & Softimage
High price, can do all parts of CG.

/Tyrian
Second vote for Blender.

There are complaints about learning curve, but to use any modeling software proficiently involves a learning curve.

Alternatively, you can download Truespace 7.6 for free.
Manufacturing metaphores in my melancholy mind.
Milkshape. Good trial version and reasonable price.
If nobody mandates specific commercial tools, Blender should be the default because it is free and very good; it should fit most needs.

Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru

Another vote for Blender. Get the 2.5 alpha 2 version, it has got a new GUI.
Thanks guys, i'll try out Blender :)
Quote:Original post by lmelior
Blender!

Alternatively, if you have either an abundance of money or a dearth of scruples you could look into 3ds Max.

you could always get a student license.

i did, because i am 14.

Carrara is also pretty good and not all that expensive... I'd vote for carrara (ease of use) or blender(price/capabilities)...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement