Sign in to follow this  
Blackops

Game Survey

For my college work/project I need to create an idea for a game, I must include research for this work aswell. So i would like to get feedback to see what you think. Idea 1 This is a free roam sandbox game, where the main character is a teenager that creates a gang and the rival gang causes problems for the main character. The player will play through missions in the city and try to take out the rival gang. The game is kind of the in-between of GTA and Bully. You will gain different types of weapons add more people to the gang. Commit different crimes as side missions and spread the gang across the city Idea 2 This is a Futuristic RPG where the character is working for the military. Special types of ships are given to certain military personnel with specific ranks. After refusing to do a certain mission the character betrays the military and is then hunted by them. The gameplay wont be turn based like Final Fantasy but with more action like Kingdom Hearts. The character will gain better futuristic weapons and different types aswell(so you wont just have a sword or laser gun)Also you will be able to use the transforming airship to get to your next destination and destroy enemies airships in the process. What I need to know is the following: 1. Which game would you rather play 2. How old you are 3. What platform(s) would the game be best suited for 4. What country you live in 5. Your Gender 6. Occupation 7. Any Other Comments Thanks in advance

1. idea 2 (idea 1 sounds a bit too cliched)
2. 16
3. PC, 360, and PS3. possibly DS or ipod
4. england
6. male
7. make sure the game is simple and accesible, also try to stray away from grey or brown textures, take full advantage of the future setting.

hope that helped ;D

1. Both are very cliche. I'm indifferent.
2. 24
3. Both sound like console games, although the second game could be done like Freelancer which was a PC game.
4. USA
5. Male
6. Programmer for a game company
7. If your plan is to make one of these, both sound way too ambitious for a school project. Both are very cliche, why would I want to play your game instead of another game?

1. (2) Both are a bit cliche`d, but the first option would really have to be done well to avoid falling on it's face from a social commentary perspective. I think much more would be expected of it.
2. 42
3. PC (I play nothing else)
4. USA
5. male
6. Computer Systems Analyst / Programmer
7. Shoot for innovation where you can. Certain aspects of game design are tried and true, but the world needs fresh ideas, if even simply with regard to inventory management or user interface design.