gl_FragData[0] not working

Started by
4 comments, last by HuntsMan 13 years, 11 months ago
Ok I've been going crazy trying to figure out why my other buffers aren't being drawn to. They worked before but now they're not... My mistake I was making before was that I wasn't attaching a depth buffer so i was getting incorrect depth values because of no depth test. Now that I have a depth buffer as a surface, my attached textures aren't being written to, only my first one. I have 3 textures and 1 surface attached to my FBO, the first texture is being written to, but not the others, when I draw each to the screen, only the one that's written to gl_FragData[0] has anything. Once I comment out adding my depth buffer, the other textures have images on them, but incorrect depth values... am I missing something?
-------------------------Unless specified otherwise, my questions pertain:Windows Platform (with the mindset to keep things multi-platform as possible)C++Visual Studio 2008OpenGL with SFML
Advertisement
You'll need to post some code, specifically your framebuffer initialization and your call to glDrawBuffers.
glGenFramebuffersEXT(1, &m_frameID);glBindFramebufferEXT(GL_FRAMEBUFFER_EXT, m_frameID);// this loops 3 times but for 3 different textures that I have an object for with different "m_id"sglGenTextures(1, &m_id);glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, m_id);glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, GL_RGBA, 	640, 480, 0, GL_RGBA, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, NULL);glTexParameterf(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_S, GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE);glTexParameterf(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_T, GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE);glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_MAG_FILTER, GL_LINEAR);glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER, GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_LINEAR);glGenerateMipmapEXT(GL_TEXTURE_2D);// for each iteration of texture, I use GL_COLOR_ATTACHMENT0_EXT, then GL_COLOR_ATTACHMENT1_EXT, then GL_COLOR_ATTACHMENT2_EXTglFramebufferTexture2DEXT(GL_FRAMEBUFFER_EXT, GL_COLOR_ATTACHMENT0_EXT, GL_TEXTURE_2D, m_id, 0);// my depth surfaceglGenRenderbuffersEXT(1, &m_bufferID);glBindRenderbufferEXT(GL_RENDERBUFFER_EXT, m_bufferID);glRenderbufferStorageEXT(GL_RENDERBUFFER_EXT, GL_RGBA, 640, 480);glFramebufferRenderbufferEXT(GL_FRAMEBUFFER_EXT, GL_DEPTH_ATTACHMENT_EXT,	GL_RENDERBUFFER_EXT, m_bufferID);// during rendering I simply justglBindFramebufferEXT(GL_FRAMEBUFFER_EXT, m_frameID);// then clear, and render my scene through the camera
-------------------------Unless specified otherwise, my questions pertain:Windows Platform (with the mindset to keep things multi-platform as possible)C++Visual Studio 2008OpenGL with SFML
I think you are missing the glDrawBuffers call after binding the FBO. try something like:

GLenum buffers[] = {GL_COLOR_ATTACHMENT0, GL_COLOR_ATTACHMENT1, GL_COLOR_ATTACHMENT2};

glDrawBuffers(3, buffers);
oh yea, sorry I do have that at the end

glDrawBuffers( m_bufferList.size(), &m_bufferList[0]);
// m_bufferList has GL_COLOR_ATTACHMENT0, GL_COLOR_ATTACHMENT1, GL_COLOR_ATTACHMENT2, and GL_DEPTH_ATTACHMENT.

Do I even need GL_DEPTH_ATTACHMENT in there since I'm not writing to it?
GL_DEPTH_ATTACHMENT isn't a valid parameter to glDrawBuffers, and that's probably generating a GL error, and thus ignoring the glDrawBuffers call.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement