PSX Net Yaroze developement and PS2 Linux

Started by
4 comments, last by KwamiMatrix 22 years, 8 months ago
Hi everyone. I would like to know if anyone knows if and how I could obtain a Net Yaroze playstation dev kit. You know, the black Playstation that serves as a developement Playstation. I would still really like one. I also hope that Sony Computer Entertainment brings PS2 Linux to the US. I also want to have experience developing for my PS2. If you haven''t visited www.ps2linux.scea.com, go there and say yes to purchasing PS2 Linux if it came to the USA! The more support, the better. You can also check out www.runix.ru, and see there version of the Linux kernel for PSX. There will also be a version of Linux by them for PS2. thankx. Edem Attiogbe
Edem Attiogbe
Advertisement
You need some luck. Im also interested in a Yarozee so I can do some PSX dev, but I havent found one...yet. Sony dosent sell them anymore, so the only way to get one is used. If your lucky, you might find one on ebay, but prob not. I havent had any luck with that course of action. Maybe if we get lots of people willing to but them, sony will sell them to us. But that prob wont happen either. Too bad. Thats all i can tell you.
"cogito, ergo sum" -Descartes
You need some luck. Im also interested in a Yarozee so I can do some PSX dev, but I havent found one...yet. Sony dosent sell them anymore, so the only way to get one is used. If your lucky, you might find one on ebay, but prob not. I havent had any luck with that course of action. Maybe if we get lots of people willing to but them, sony will sell them to us. But that prob wont happen either. Too bad.
conundrum07: there is an effort going right now to set up a petition for sony to re-release yaroze, or atleast release doc''s on how to program the psx in the console forum. I''ve somewhat started it, and am working on drafting the petition.

All: There is an identical thread to this one in the console/pda dev forum, i ask you to please post any replies to the thread there, as it is the appropriate forum.

(yeah, I know I''m probably overstepping my bounds asking others to post somewhere else since I''m not a moderator... but for some reason lately i''ve felt the desire to help keep gdnet organized... don''t know why...)

Drakonite

[Insert Witty Signature Here]
Shoot Pixels Not People
Sorry about posting twice. Anyway, Drakonite:
Ive been watching your post for some time now, and i know what i going on there. I posted here to respond to the question of this thread. I do fully support your plans, when you finish your petiton, I'll sign it.

Edited by - conundrum07 on August 8, 2001 12:04:15 AM
"cogito, ergo sum" -Descartes
Thanks for your help. Please give me more information about the Petition to Sony Computer Entertainment for a re-release of Net Yaroze. Thanks again.

Edem Attiogbe
Edem Attiogbe

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement