Sign in to follow this  

Tiles sets.

This topic is 2786 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Okay, let's get out of the way the usual "I'm new here" and say hi. Hi. Now that's done I have a question about "tiles", I know that they build up a level in a lot of older console games and understand that setting some tiles as "walkable" but the burning question is how does these tile sets work? Is the "Stage" created first then the tiles are added in or does a programmer slowly and carefully place each and every tile into it's "place". Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forums!

Generally, yes, you will have a "stage" that loads in data specifying which tile goes where. The programmer usually doesn't have to place these tiles by hand, but it's not rare for a text-based format to be used and written by hand for small games. In many cases, people will make map editors do this work automatically and simplify the process greatly.

This topic is 2786 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.