[web] Slicing theme given in image to smaller images

Started by
4 comments, last by zngb 13 years, 11 months ago
I've got this problem, I have theme for web but it is one large psd file. I'd like to precisely cut it into smaller images so I can actually create page layout from those smaller images. Is there any app that will do this easily? Like setting cut lines and save all smaller images into one?
So... Muira Yoshimoto sliced off his head, walked 8 miles, and defeated a Mongolian horde... by beating them with his head?

Documentation? "We are writing games, we don't have to document anything".
Advertisement
If they are PSD files then I assume you are using Photoshop. Photoshop has a slice tool that will allow you to do this. Right click on the crop tool and you will find it there. Once you have it sliced out you can go to File->Save for web (I believe it is) and manually configure the "slices" there. You can tell it you want some slices to be png format, some to be jpg, etc.

Here is a link that explains it:
http://www.entheosweb.com/photoshop/slice.asp

Also, you may want to check youtube for video tutorials. As far as dedicated software I have never used one. I have always used photoshop to do the slices. If you want smaller "peices" (if you're going to use background-repeat: repeat-y; for instance) then just reopen the slice after you have saved it and use the crop tool to manually cut it where you need to.
Thanks a lot! I will try it later.
So... Muira Yoshimoto sliced off his head, walked 8 miles, and defeated a Mongolian horde... by beating them with his head?

Photoshop 7 comes with ImageReady 7, which is more specifically geared towards working with images for the web (it makes working with slices easier and has tools for creating animated GIFs or rollover images, for example). Hit the "Jump to ImageReady" button at the bottom of the tool palette to exchange your file between the two pieces of software.

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

Fireworks did the trick. Thanks a lot ^^

I use GIMP :)
--Amir

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement