Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Clipping in Windowed Mode

This topic is 5975 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey. I''ve been trying out some things with fullscreen and windowed mode. * Fullscreen mode: Full screen is easy When running in this mode, you do not need a clipper, but you can create one and attach it to a back buffer if you want your images "disappearing" the minute they go past any edge on your screen. * Windowed mode: A clipper is needed to keep DD from drawing all over your screen. You attach it to your primary surface. However, this does not solve the "disappearing" of images when they come into contact with window''s edge. I attached the clipper to the primary and back surfaces, but then a portion of the left and top sides of the window get filled with garbage. I suppose you can manually compute how far an image would be off the screen and use only the visible portion by putting those dimensions in a RECT when blitting. I just thought a clipper on the back surface in windowed mode would do that. If someone knows a better way, please let me know. Thanx