malformed keyframes

Started by
2 comments, last by Nanoha 13 years, 11 months ago
Hey. my engine uses its own primitive and unoptimized asci model format. I have a script to export models from blender into this format (it currently exports meshes, textures, texture coords, materials, animations and keyframes). everything works except that the keyframes are horribly malformed. The keyframe as it should look The keyframe as my engine renders it I have no idea where to start looking. Ths is realy a long shot but i was hoping some one here might be able to "take a guess" as to what the problem/problems might be. I have taken 6 more screenshots of the skeleton with his right arm being rotated by 270 degrees around the x,y and z axis respectively in blender and it my engine. Hope it helps. blender x 270 engine x 270 blender y 270 engine y 270 blender z 270 engine z 270 Thnx in Advance! [Edited by - EternityZA on April 30, 2010 2:52:31 AM]
Advertisement
Hi,

I can't presribe an exact solution just from your screenshots. It does look like your engine has a different handness from Blender tho. Try transposing the x,y,z,w parts of the quaternion in your engine when loading the keyframe rotation. Maybe something like z,y,x,w or x,y,z,-w?
Thnx il try that.
You could also try selecting your mesh and going:

Object->Clear/Apply->Apply Scale/Rotation to ObjData

Do that for both your mesh and your bones. It fixed this very problem for me. Of course it might be a different problem as your using your own engine.

Interested in Fractals? Check out my App, Fractal Scout, free on the Google Play store.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement