• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Visual C++ / SDL

This topic is 2942 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Something I avoid is asking a question without doing any research since that is a pet peeve of mine. My hope is I didn't overlook something plainly obvious. What I want to do is get SDL working with Visual C++ Express 2010. From LibSDL's site I downloaded SDL-devel-1.2.14-VC8.zip then placed it into a folder called LIB_SDL. This is located at the root of my C drive. C:\LIB_SDL\SDL-1.2.14 From Project > Properties > Configuration Properties > VC++ Directories I added C:\LIB_SDL\SDL-1.2.14\include to Include Directories and C:\LIB_SDL\SDL-1.2.14\lib to the Library Directories. In Linker > Input I added sdl.lib and sdlmain.lib to Additional Dependencies. When I try to run the project it tells me that "This application has failed to start because SDL.dll was not found..." The instructions (http://pgdc.purdue.org/sdltutorial/sdl_setup.html) were for a Console Application and I am using a Win32 Project. I'm used to Xcode so Visual C++ is a bit different to me. Any help or good pages to review would be greatly appreciated! #pragma comment(lib, "SDL.lib") #pragma comment(lib, "SDLmain.lib") #include "SDL.h" int main(int argc, char **argv) { return 0; }

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!