time problem??

Started by
2 comments, last by Zakwayda 13 years, 11 months ago
hii eveyone.. I hv drawn a Beam which must complete it's rotation n 8sec..to with that i hav used the sec value of sys time..so that the beam completes 45deg in 1sec..Thus,makes 1 complete rotation (360deg) in 8sec.. but the problem is it looks like clock tick..I wana make it as sweep how can i do that?? or another option s ther any function to acess the mili second value of time so that my beam can make 10deg rotation in each 20mSec ?? so plz..can any 1 help me out..?? here s my snippet of code........... void display(void) { time(&ltime); // Get time newtime = localtime(&ltime); glClear(GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT | GL_DEPTH_BUFFER_BIT); glColor3f( 1.0, 0.0, 1.0); bitmap_output(-r_max,-r_max, asctime(newtime),GLUT_BITMAP_TIMES_ROMAN_24); glPushMatrix(); glRotatef( 180, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0); glPushMatrix(); glRotatef( (360/8) * (newtime->tm_sec), 0.0, 0.0, 1.0); drawBeam(0.0,0.0,0.0, 12); glPopMatrix(); glPopMatrix(); glutSwapBuffers() ; }
Advertisement
If you are using GLUT (I assumed as you used glutSwapBuffers) use glutGet(GLUT_ELAPSED_TIME) to get the time in miliseconds.

You can then multiply the time by 45 degrees and divide by 1000 to keep it in scale.

Hope that helps
hii...
I've tried what u hav said i,e i used getElapsedtime function..but the problem s i wana make the movement of beam aa a continueous sweep but its looks a if a clock tics for every 45deg how can i do that can u plzz help...
Quote:I've tried what u hav said i,e i used getElapsedtime function..but the problem s i wana make the movement of beam aa a continueous sweep but its looks a if a clock tics for every 45deg how can i do that can u plzz help...
Post your revised code (be sure to use [source] tags).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement