Sign in to follow this  
MemnonSutanBushin

New MMORPG available for playing

Hello, I am welcoming all of you here to come play, test, and pk till u die over and over... the game i am developing is a diablo type MMO base with some unique twists and features with loads of char models and animations coming in the next few months. http://www.evitales.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=30 that is my updated forum page with the latest information. heres the link to download using filehosting. Use winrar to unzip it. go into the client folder and create a shortcut to your desktop. http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/139577/MemnonPrimeOmega.rar Items are plentiful, guild halls you can own, a crafting city under development. huges areas full of mobs to destroy. any feedback good bad, harsh let me know. enjoy the server is up 24/7 unless im updating wich is usually at 3-4am PST

I'm sorry but this is getting pathetic Memnon. This is far from the first time you've tried to take credit for other people's work with your use of an open source engine.

To anyone reading this... Memnon did not develop this game.

Evidyon was developed by Karl and his team. They moved on to bigger things, and their engine was made open source under the GNU GPL. Memnon is someone interested in game development, but he has never programmed in his life, and he only has some minor skills making models. He did not make anything related to Evidyon. He's running a vanilla server basically, with only some MINOR tweaks that involved no programming whatsoever.

To anyone interested in joining him in develpment, know that he's known for lying. He's not a programmer and he only has minor skills modeling. He tries to make himself out to be bigger than he is, and frankly it's offensive to the game development community. Early on in his development he violated the GNU GPL many times. It was only recently that we as the Evidyon community were able to coerce him into releasing his source (which he is legally obligated to release.)

If you don't have skills, don't lead people on so they join your project.

You shouldn't have to lie. Plenty of projects are lead by people who don't know how to program. I think it's pathetic that you lead people on to think that you developed this engine and its "unique twists and features" when you're simply using an open source engine with no changes made.

How is he taking credit for other peoples work? He's explicitly stating:
Quote:
Hello, my names Eric. I have a evidyon game server running. My intention is to make a Global Server of this engine but with my own content. But for now lets play!

Clearly, his MMO is using the Evidyon engine, nowhere does he claim he built the engine himself, merely bolting on his own content.

Or am I missing something?

Quote:
Original post by nem123
How is he taking credit for other peoples work? He's explicitly stating:
Quote:
Hello, my names Eric. I have a evidyon game server running. My intention is to make a Global Server of this engine but with my own content. But for now lets play!

Clearly, his MMO is using the Evidyon engine, nowhere does he claim he built the engine himself, merely bolting on his own content.

Or am I missing something?

You're missing something since that's not in his post here.

If you would have read his post in the help wanted forum, http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=569871, then you would see that he does in fact give credit to a Mr. Karl Gluck (located in the technology section)

While it would make more sense for OP to call this a mod, rather than a game, there is nothing wrong that I can see. Tons of people use open source engines to help them create games.