Sign in to follow this  
OneThreeThreeSeven

x,y coordinates in games and monster ID's (bot)

Hey I have this game, I'm trying to make a bot for it (Don't worry it's legit for this particular game). I already have the hp/mp that reads into my GUI. It's great. ;o Anyways, I've been using a memory scanner to try to find the coordinates and monster ID's. How would I go about finding that type of thing? The coordinates ingame look like they are floats or decimals...but the scan shows nothing. With detection of monsters through memory, I don't really know where to start. D: Many people on this board are in the game industry so I figured someone here might have more of an idea about how these things are stored in a typical mmorpg. 1 more thing...I'm not doing this for the hell of it. I'm doing it to solidify some coding concepts and learn more about the low level stuff.

ishkabible    100
well first of all i have no clue how you expect to use a memory scanner like art money or cheat engine on an mmorpg cuz all the numbers for those games are stored in servers memory (also proly in a unix OS) were you cant access them. now if it's on your computer and your using cheat engine (if you don't have look up it's a grate program for messing around with old games that you have already played) they have a tutorial that comes with it and if you can get through that you should be able to learn somethings about assembly and memory addresses. the more games you hack the better you will get and understand it (i say hack because the process is call "memory hacking"). o and one more thing it's very hard to find things like coordinates because you have no clue where you start or how much you change by when moving.

ishkabible    100
o and i'm guessing that you are trying to make whats called and "Aim Bot" or something of that nature, well i have no clue how to do that really, proly something like modifying the hex in the .exe or in a .dll file maybe even a combination of the two. my advice to you is that not be so quick to do something like that, if it's 3D then you will proly need to learn something like DirectX and mabey even try some moding of games first. if it's 2D then things get a lot easier obviously but your still in the same boat. you will need to understand how they made the game, proly understand the language thy made it in, and understand some pretty complex moding concepts.