Sign in to follow this  
AaronNobleMcGrath

Flash cs3 AS3-navigateToURL after button has finished down animation

Hi, I'm attempting to build website in flash; I have a splash page with a logo and once you click this logo (it is a movie clip) it naviagtes to URL; however the movie clip doesn't finish the animation i have set it for down and thus sound and image are cut short, this looks and sounds horrid; if someone could help me i'd be much obliged. currrent code is: stop(); btn_mc.buttonMode = true; btn_mc.addEventListener(MouseEvent.ROLL_OVER, onButtonOver); btn_mc.addEventListener(MouseEvent.ROLL_OUT, onButtonOut); btn_mc.addEventListener(MouseEvent.MOUSE_DOWN, onButtonDown); btn_mc.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK,goThere); function goThere(e:MouseEvent){ var request:URLRequest = new URLRequest("profile.html"); navigateToURL(request); } function onButtonOver(e:MouseEvent):void { e.currentTarget.gotoAndPlay("over"); } function onButtonOut(e:MouseEvent):void { e.currentTarget.gotoAndPlay("out"); } function onButtonDown(e:MouseEvent):void { e.currentTarget.gotoAndPlay("down"); navigateToURL( new URLRequest("Profile.html"), "_self"); } I need some sort of code that basically says "before navigating to URL finish the animation at MOUSE_DOWN" or something along those lines. Cheers for any input. Aaron