SDL Hangs on Exit

Started by
3 comments, last by X Abstract X 13 years, 11 months ago
*UPDATED POST* I'm using SDL with OpenGL and I'm experiencing some strange behavior. The close window event is triggered correctly in all cases. With debugging ENABLED, and VSync DISABLED: If I try to exit the SDL window or close the command prompt after the program has been running for more than ~5 seconds, it will lock up completely and won't close. With debugging ENABLED, and VSync ENABLED: Works correctly With debugging DISABLED, VSync ENABLED/DISABLED: Works correctly Thanks for looking. [Edited by - X Abstract X on May 1, 2010 5:24:00 PM]
Advertisement
I think you might be jumping to conclusions to say that SDL is hanging. A general rule of thumb is that unless you can produce a minimal example demonstrating the behaviour, it is likely a problem in your code.

That said, you have not given us information to do more than guess. Nor have you included any information on why you believe this to be a SDL issue.

First of all, do you have any objects in main (or global objects) with non-trivial destructors? Have you tried breaking with teh debugger to see where it is when it gets stuck?
I updated my first post with symptoms that to me, make it sound like an SDL issue. Anyway, there are no destructors used other than the default ones and debugging my code with a breakpoint didn't reveal anything.
Can you reduce the program to something small enough to post the source to here? If not, this indicates that the problem could still be in your code. I assume you have up to date graphics card drivers too.

Other than that, we cannot remotely debug your code for you. Your are basically asking if someone has seen exactly the same symptoms before. I haven't.
Well to be honest I was kind of just wondering if anyone had a similar problem before or a wild guess at a solution. I'll get around to building a minimalized project to see when the bug pops up in a couple of days, since this isn't affecting me as long as I keep vsync on while debugging. I'll post the result of my trials when I get it fixed incase someone encounters the same problem.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement