Sign in to follow this  
Kaczor_90

Visual Basic Random number

Kaczor_90    100
Hello. Recently playing in the VB and I have a problem with the lottery numbers. Namely, that they were drawn from a range of pressing the button. Here's the code that already have: Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click Label9.Visible = False Label2.Visible = True Label3.Text = CStr(Int(Rnd() * 100)) Label4.Text = CStr(Int(Rnd() * 100)) Label5.Text = CStr(Int(Rnd() * 100)) Label6.Text = CStr(Int(Rnd() * 100)) Label7.Text = CStr(Int(Rnd() * 100)) Label8.Text = CStr(Int(Rnd() * 100)) End Sub End Class And my point is here that the figures were drawn from a specific range. Let's say from 1 to 21. Thanks in advance

Aardvajk    13207
Not sure I fully understand the question, and I can't help on the VB, but lottery numbers are drawn uniquely from a range, not just a list of random numbers.

For example, to generate the equivalent of lottery numbers from the range 1-21, I'd create an array of the full 21 numbers, randomly shuffle the array, then return the first six numbers in the array.

The best form of random shuffle I know is to iterate over the array in order and for each item, select a random index and swap the current item with that index.