Sign in to follow this  
Mussi

Multiple animation instances with independent animations with one frame root.

Mussi    4409
Hi there, Some time ago I implemented the skinned mesh example in my game for animated meshes and all was good. Now I want multiple instances of a mesh to use the same mesh data so I create only one frame root and clone the animation controller. Now my problem is that once I play an animation for one mesh all the others start playing as well. I've tried setting the track positions of the other animation controllers to 0 but that doesn't seem to update the bone matrices at all. I've looked into the multi animation example but I don't quite see the difference. How can I play animations independently with a single frame root? [Edited by - Mussi on May 1, 2010 5:28:40 PM]

Darg    213
Are you guys talking about the XNA skinned model sample? If so then it's a simple matter of just using different animation controllers, one for each different object.

Mussi    4409
Quote:
Are you guys talking about the XNA skinned model sample?

No I was talking about DirectX, forgot this forum is used for XNA aswell.

Quote:
Did you stop trying to make it work and move on, im curious if its possible to do this without creating new frames.

I just copy the frames, so all the frame data except for the meshes are duplicated.