Visual C++ 2010, HGE, and Lua

Started by
5 comments, last by jbadams 13 years, 11 months ago
So I took the advice and attempted to switch over to Visual C++ 2010. However, now I have a "LIBC.lib" not found error. I read elsewhere that it is because the older *.libs from Lua and HGE are incompatible, and I need to compile my own. Is this really the case? I'd like to know before I spend anymore time with this - my previous attempt at compiling my own static library randomly failed.
Advertisement
Putting the library on the ignore list should be enough, usually it's not needed:

Project Property -> Configuration Properties -> Linker -> Input -> Ignore Specific Library

Ignore the LIBC.LIB

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

Quote:Original post by Endurion
Putting the library on the ignore list should be enough, usually it's not needed:

Project Property -> Configuration Properties -> Linker -> Input -> Ignore Specific Library

Ignore the LIBC.LIB

this caused additional problems. i'm going to try vc++ 6.0 next
what version of vc++ are most people here using?
A very tiny almost off topic thing (since I don't know if or where I should make a thread about it here).

Is it just me, or does IntelliSense still suck hard in 2010?
The Squigglies and Error reporting is giving me truckloads of errors in some files, it's awful.

VAX should be cheaper...a lot *sigh*
Quote:Original post by overeasy
what version of vc++ are most people here using?

The most modern one, usually. Nothing older than 2005 (though a select few may still be using the 6.0 and 2003 compilers).
Quote:Original post by overeasy
i'm going to try vc++ 6.0 next
Don't, it's just as broken as Dev-C++. Most people here are probably using the latest (2010) or second latest (2008) Express Edition, which you'll find available to download for free from Microsoft.

You may well need to compile your own versions of the libraries to avoid the problem you're describing; what problems are you having with the process? There is documentation on compiling Lua here (contains further links to other resources) if it helps. I don't see anything directly pertaining to compiling HGE with the Express Editions, but the process should be pretty similar.

- Jason Astle-Adams

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement