Which laptop should I use?

Started by
10 comments, last by daviangel 13 years, 11 months ago
I am buying a PC laptop (It can not be a desktop computer or netbook.) I need to know which one would be the best for creating old-timey RPG games, games made with Game Maker 8.0, and some other small game creating applications. The laptop needs to have Windows 7 and some type of graphics card. All help will be appreciated, and I am sorry if this should have gone into the HELP section. It seemed to me that that section was only for collaborations. --sincerely, namragog.
Advertisement
As long as you don't buy DELL or HP cause they suck. Any Brand should be OK.
Hello,

and what would be your budget for this?

How do you plan to use it? Working outside? Traveling? Working on a plane? Chances it falls down? Security features (remote data destruction)? Operation enviroment (extreme temperature, moisture, EM fields)? Battery time important? Noise?

--GWDev
ehh, normal household/school would be fine. a little bit of outside use. I need around 4 or more hours without charge time. Noise... ummm... what do you mean by that? outside noise, noise quality? I live in new jersy, so moisture is not really a problem.
Hi,

with noise i mean the noise it should make. But in your case it should't be a problem.
If you want to minimize driver problems etc. you should by a laptop from one of the more established manufactors. They cost a little bit more but in my experience it is worth the money.
If you work outside look for a 'non glare' display.
If you need 4 hours without recharge ... look for 6 hours.
Ignore memory. Buy the one with the least amount of memory and replace it yourself (compare offers, sometimes they upgrade memory nearly for free ... than of course take it).
Go into one of this huge electronic stores and look at the models. Find one you like (manufactor, screen size, keyboard etc.) Then compare online.
Look for a mobile CPU.

--GWDev

Thanks everybody! oh, and Deyja, which computer is that image from?
That's the hp touchsmart tm2t.

I am on one right now!
the tm2t doesn't have a dedicated video card, though the digitizer looks good

I'm making games on a Dell Studio, while my colleagues are using Macbook Pros
I am thinking of getting the DV7-3180

is this a good choice?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement