Giant monster battle!

Started by
5 comments, last by Jacob Jingle 13 years, 11 months ago
I am currently writing a story for an RPG in which the player's character is a giant "organic superweapon" that has come accidentally. from the spirit world. The player gets amnesia when he crash-lands, and also loses the ability to speak. It turns out, however, that everyone else from the spirit world is just as insanely powerful as he is, and most of them want to destroy his body and banish his mind into the neverending void. really, what that just means is... GIANT MONSTER BATTLE!!!!!!!!! I would appreciate any feedback, original ideas for monsters, and help with the storyline. all help, even if it is a small, small, idea that someone came up with, will be featured in the credits. thankyou for all help! --sincerely, Namragog
Advertisement
Automatic climax

This is a concept where you design the gameplay so
that the intensity gradually increase even if you do
not dictate the plot, giving better replayability.

Implementation idea:

Everytime the player defeats a monster, all the other
monsters will become immune to the move that kills
the monster. This forces the player to use a new method
to fight and kill each monster.

Effect:

The player will challenge himself to kill early monsters
with hard, tricky combo so that the primitive skills can
be saved for killing a monster later in a pitch.
Oh, my gosh, that is such a great idea. this is the exact problem that I wanted to solve, and you have helped me with just that. you shall be in the credits!
The only other thing I really need right now is a list of original/weird giant monster ideas. I already have some.

1. Ntesamor.
Black fish with 6 red eyes. blocks all physical attacks.

2. Alchemicon.
A big person made of goo. when you kill him, a portal appears, and a giant wave of energy comes out, harming the player.

3. Bantoran.
Cube of glass with eyes. Refracts any energy attacks.

oh, and yes, these names were created using a random Kaiju name generator.
(kaiju means giant monster of something.)
Hello Namragog,

Interesting idea.

For your beast list have you started a log of what type of creatures, monsters, you will have in your story?

Here is a small list you might want to start adding or deleting to your list
if you haven't done the list yet.

Animal
Nature
Fire
Water
Wind
Earth
Poison
Metal
Undead

etc.

Ghostknight
One idea that you might want to play around with:

Mimics of unusual size!

This is similar to D&D mimics (treasure chests that are actually monsters), but applied to other objects -- more massive objects -- to surprise the player.

For example, if your setting were NYC, then a mimic of unusual size may be a sky scraper. That would certainly put the 'Giant' in the boss battle. In fact, you could probably build out an entire game with just this concept. You know, start with mimic-toasters and end with mimic-planets; sort of a Katamari Damacy play with scale.

How this fits into your world, no idea. Just food for thought.
Quote:Original post by namragog
I am currently writing a story for an RPG in which the player's character is a giant "organic superweapon" that has come accidentally. from the spirit world. The player gets amnesia when he crash-lands, and also loses the ability to speak. It turns out, however, that everyone else from the spirit world is just as insanely powerful as he is, and most of them want to destroy his body and banish his mind into the neverending void.

really, what that just means is...
GIANT MONSTER BATTLE!!!!!!!!!

I would appreciate any feedback, original ideas for monsters, and help with the storyline. all help, even if it is a small, small, idea that someone came up with, will be featured in the credits.

thankyou for all help!

--sincerely, Namragog

I wouldn't tell people where he comes from. Just leave it up to their imagination. Be purposely vague about everything. Don't even reveal that much at end. Have the main character even left partially clueless at end. Have the main character absorb the bad guys and their powers after he defeats em. Allow mutations for characters and monsters, have them get stronger absorbing each other. Have humans develop their own science based tech tree to futilely fight the never ending line of monsters. Have war of the worlds scenario where mass humans are being exterminated. Have world changing events(like 2012) so players never get comfortable with their surroundings. Don't do it in anime or make it anime like. Don't have a perfect, everything is great, ending.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement