[c++] Opengl get stream from WebCam

Started by
3 comments, last by LionMX 13 years, 11 months ago
HY. I'm would use a program like artoolkit plus ,that offers a lot of function for detect marker and visual recognition. My problem in particulary is how to get a stream from webcam and draw it to screeen after do the image processing in real time wit altoolkit plus. Possible the library must be multiplatform(linux and win). ps. There are some examples for artoolkit plus? Thanks.
Advertisement
This does not really have anything to do with OpenGL. What is the question exactly? Are you asking how to grab a frame from video and display it on an OpenGL texture? On Windows you would use DirectShow to grab the frames.
Or are you asking how to use ARToolkitPlus? ARToolkitPlus is the mobile version of ARToolkit, but it was replaced years ago by the Studierstube Tracker library. The library comes with tons of samples and does things like grabbing video frames automatically. Studierstube is closed source though.
ARToolkitPlus is still available, but I don't recommend it as it is not as full featured as Studierstube and it is not being developed anymore. For non-mobile platforms, use Studierstube or ARToolkit, which is open source. Both come with samples.
"When you die, if you get a choice between going to regular heaven or pie heaven, choose pie heaven. It might be a trick, but if it's not, mmmmmmm, boy."
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way.
Quote:
but it was replaced years ago by the Studierstube Tracker library. The library comes with tons of samples and does things like grabbing video frames automatically. Studierstube is closed source though.

Quote:
For non-mobile platforms, use Studierstube or ARToolkit, which is open source. Both come with samples.

sorry, but i'm not understand if Studierstube is open or not for non-mobile platform.
I must do a commercial application , what kind of licence can i do?
Thanks.
There is also a project that goes by the lovely name of CamWhore.
I'm not sure I understand your question but if you're looking to get a stream from your web camera I have used OpenCV in the past and it's very easy to use. Hope this helps :-)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement