What does game writers exactly do ?

Started by
6 comments, last by jpetrie 13 years, 11 months ago
When writing a story for a game What do I leave for developers for example do I write about levels of the game or do I leave that for the designer. What exactly does game writers take care of as far as the settings and the story
Advertisement
>.> Game writers are responsible for understanding subject-verb agreement and proper use of punctuation and capitalization, among other things.

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

So I have write perfect to use this forum. No other forum does this. but this one
Quote:Original post by Jwhitethegamer
So I have write perfect to use this forum. No other forum does this. but this one

If you want to be a game writer, you need to improve your English.
I'm sorry, but you appear illiterate -- a game writer cannot get hired if he is illiterate.
You said before that you're 21 -- you do not appear to be that old.
If you are still in school, you need to apply yourself more diligently to your English classes.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Ok How about this Fuck you and this website Did I spell that right cocksucka ?
You're missing the punctuation. Plus that should be "cocksucker", not "cocksucka".

He's right though, in that a writer is expected to be able to write.

[edit]
Quote:PM from Jwhitethegamer
How about stick to what your doing and stay of my business who cares what you think. Who are you anyway ?
Wrong "your"...
Indeed. Grammar and Spelling problems with that not too clever insult. I don't think Tom Sloper is a great guy to get along with from his posts but he does make good points. And with your reply just then, sounds like he was right.

And by the way, this is a forum to discuss writing for games, not actually writing for games. So what applies on other forums applies here, and vice versa.
Right...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement