Building boost

Started by
1 comment, last by SiS-Shadowman 13 years, 11 months ago
I can't get boost to build and the only output I'm gettning is: warning: Unable to construct ./stage-unversioned ...found 1 target... The first line appears multiple times, depending on the build type (complete, debug only, etc...). I'm running on Windows 7, trying with Visual Studio 2008 and 2010 with the same result. (both times using the appropriate promt-bat). These are the commands I've tried: bjam toolset=msvc [--build-type=complete] [stage] bjam toolset=msvc-9.0 [--build-type=complete] [stage] bjam toolset=msvc-10.0 [--build-type=complete] [stage] Anyone else experienced this and knows a solution?
Advertisement
1) Do you include [ ] in the command? If so, try without. Toolset should be msvc.
2) Is the folder you are building in writable? Try running with admin rights.
3) Is the compiler on the path. As in, if you write cl at the prompt, do you get a response or a 'command not found'?
1. I added the [] in my post to indicate that I tried any combination of those (I didn't include them in my commands)
2. I suppose it is writable. I can create and delete files/folders without a problem. I just ran the command prompt with admin rights, but it didn't make any difference, I still get the same warning
3. Both cl and link are available with my current prompt, still boost won't build

*Edit*
It seems it was a problem with write permission, but I don't understand why bjam cannot create a folder, even when run with admin rights.
Viewing the properties of the boost folder revealed that some files were read-only (it showed the square to indicate that something is read-only, but not everything). I removed the read-only flag for every file & folder inside boost, and now bjam seems to be working, at least it is compiling now.
Tanks for the help :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement