DirectX 10 and 11 Programming Tutorial Books: When are they out in stores near you?

Started by
6 comments, last by tom_mai78101 13 years, 11 months ago
Just asking. Awaiting on you. I find most programming books using DirectX 9.0c as their main subject. I wanted to know how long I am supposed to wait until a book at teaches 2D and 3D in DirectX 10 is out? If possible, DirectX 11 is going to be out by when after DirectX 10 is out? What I meant to ask is: Once DirectX 10 programming books are now mainstream in many bookstores, when is that time?
Advertisement
It will probably never be mainstream for dx10 - I suspect most coming books will utilize dx11. If you want one anyways, take a look in my signature for a free d3d10 book.
I don't know of any books that currently use DirectX 11, but these books all use DirectX 10:

Introduction to 3D Game Programming with DirectX 10 by Frank D. Luna

Beginning DirectX 10 Game Programming by Wendy Jones

Advanced 3D Game Programming with DirectX 10.0 by Peter Walsh

Ultimate Game Programming with DirectX by Allen Sherrod

3D Games Programming: Using DirectX 10 and Open GL by Pierre Rautenbach

The ShaderX Series and the GPU gems Series might have some sections that use DirectX 10...
Quote:Original post by Jason Z
It will probably never be mainstream for dx10 - I suspect most coming books will utilize dx11. If you want one anyways, take a look in my signature for a free d3d10 book.

Where is your signature?
Quote:Original post by tom_mai78101
Quote:Original post by Jason Z

Where is your signature?

Below his post. [rolleyes]
I don't see any signatures.
http://wiki.gamedev.net/index.php/D3DBook:Book_Cover
Thanks.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement