Redist DirectX with my app

Started by
3 comments, last by Manoel Balbino 13 years, 11 months ago
Hello, I'm trying to redist part of directx with my app, I've tried to do what's described in the sdk. In my installer I've added a custom install for directx and included the following files: Aug2009_d3dx10_42_x86.cab DSETUP.dll dsetup32.dll dxdllreg_x86.cab DXSETUP.exe dxupdate.cab However, when installed on another machine, when I try to run my program I'm unable to create a D3D10 device What am I missing? -- Sigurd
Advertisement
Is the other machine running Vista or Windows 7? Does it work if you download the full DirectX redist from microsoft.com on that machine?
It's running Vista.
I haven't tried installing the full sdk since I understand it can't be uninstalled so I wouldn't then later know if my installer works?

--
Sigurd
Quote:Original post by Sigurd Lerstad
I haven't tried installing the full sdk since I understand it can't be uninstalled so I wouldn't then later know if my installer works?
That's true, yes - but it would tell you if it's a problem with your code / machine or if it's because you're not distributing something.
You could try doing a system restore to roll back to before you install the full redist, but I'm not sure if that would work.

When you say you're "unable to create a D3D10 device", what is the actual error you get?
Try including DEC2006_d3dx10_00_x86.cab into your package.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement