Random game ideas!

Started by
1 comment, last by Tom Sloper 13 years, 11 months ago
Hi guys, this is my first post to GDnet, and i'm already on your case for some advice. I have compiled a few random game story ideas that I wish to explore in one of my projects. Please post your comments, what you like, what you hate, what you dont catch about these. Also, I ust want to add, I'm not a really good writer, it's just some random ideas I need some opinion's on. The first one is of an avarage joe guy that has a phobia for small spaces and the dark, and constantly have nightmares about being trapped in a small apartment where all his nigthmares comes true. The here of this story must then face all of his nightmares inside his dream till morning arives. The basic idea here is that the hero character falls asleep, say at 10 at night, and as night grows older, the nightmare becomes more darker and all sorts of horrors comes out, until morning when he can finally see a light at the end of the tunner (so to speak) and can wake up from this horrible nightmare. The other idea I have is one where a sceintist is send to a far away space station that is located near a black hole. The reason the sceintist was send to the station is to join the other sceintist in discovering and learning more about what black holes are and what's on the other side of them. But after spending a while on this station, things start to apear out of shape, people start to go crazy, and all sorts of nasty stuff starts to happen when they send probes through the black hole and see whats on the other side (think Event Horizon). With this story, it's important to imagine at the time that the hero arrives, everything is normal, but as things go wrong, it is all witnesed through the heros eyes. Comments are very welcome, thanks!
Advertisement
You haven't really described what is the actual gameplay.

As it is now, the ideas read more like ideas for novels, not games.

What it is that you are actually doing in the game?
-----------------Always look on the bright side of Life!
Story discussions belong in the Writing forum. Moving.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement