• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
koala3d

OpenGL Issues with OpenGL and Aero on Windows 7

This topic is 3120 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Sorry, I'd love to answer this thread: http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=562592 But it seems closed and the message suggested to open a new thread and link to the old one. I had the same problem with SDL, Windows 7 and new nVidia drivers, and there is no work around yet, at least within SDL. But if you're willing to recompile SDL from source, here's a quick fix: When creating the full screen window, change it to cover one more aditional row of pixels, so, instead of using 0, 0, screen->width, screen->height, use 0, 0, screen->width, screen->height+1 instead. This makes the drivers (at least nVidia ones) to believe the window is not fullscreen. Of course glViewport and other calls should just use width and height, instead of width,height+1. It works at least for me (though I'm using Delphi and my own lib, but I see no reason for this trick wouldn't work for other languages and libraries too). PS: sorry but my english is pretty bad, I hope I've explained the idea.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!