Issues with OpenGL and Aero on Windows 7

Started by
-1 comments, last by koala3d 13 years, 11 months ago
Sorry, I'd love to answer this thread: http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=562592 But it seems closed and the message suggested to open a new thread and link to the old one. I had the same problem with SDL, Windows 7 and new nVidia drivers, and there is no work around yet, at least within SDL. But if you're willing to recompile SDL from source, here's a quick fix: When creating the full screen window, change it to cover one more aditional row of pixels, so, instead of using 0, 0, screen->width, screen->height, use 0, 0, screen->width, screen->height+1 instead. This makes the drivers (at least nVidia ones) to believe the window is not fullscreen. Of course glViewport and other calls should just use width and height, instead of width,height+1. It works at least for me (though I'm using Delphi and my own lib, but I see no reason for this trick wouldn't work for other languages and libraries too). PS: sorry but my english is pretty bad, I hope I've explained the idea.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement