Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nexus_is

Need Evaluation Info on PR

Hi there Chris and all PR programmers, I have a few questions on developing with PR4: 1- How are surface materials applied on objects in the world? By this I mean, in 3DS you would apply textures to your models and in a World Editor you would place textures on brushes and align them correctly. How is this information transferred to a BSP via Q3Convert and why is there always a folder called leveltex in your projects? It seems like you are storing texture files outside the BSP? Do you honor the alignments and positions that were made in the world editor and are those textures automatically there when a BSP is loaded in PR? 2- I have looked into Q3Radiant and it is too expensive in canadian dollars to warrant the purchase of the license from ID, is there no way to use Q2 BSP''s with PR since there are free, non-licensed tools available such as Qoole and Worldcraft that could be used instead? How about Quark (http://www.planetquake.com/quark/) ? Thank you, ------------------------ Francois Machabee Nexus Information Systems & Marketing, Inc.