SDL error

Started by
15 comments, last by loveisgod 13 years, 11 months ago
Im getting an access violation error.Please help me.Im just a beginner to programming http://codepad.org/Wk7zplHv
Advertisement
Thats a lot of code to look at, try to put break points in your code to determine where the error appears. It also helps to post the memory address your application is trying to access

Edit: I just noticed that you do have the access violation error posted in that link. I cant seem to tell however what the problem is. You should still try to place some break points.
i am new to programming.So have nt used anything much.Please tel me in a detailed manner
What IDE do you use to program?
visual studio c++ 2010

it tells like
rep movsd ;N - move all of our dwords
when i choose breakpoint for each function and build it
Quote:Original post by loveisgod
visual studio c++ 2010

it tells like
rep movsd ;N - move all of our dwords
when i choose breakpoint for each function and build it

Im not sure what you mean as I have not used VS2010. Did you try to place break points by pressing f9? you simply click on the lines of code that u think are causing the problem and press f9. Compile and run, and you should be able to jump through the lines of code by pressing f10. eventually u will get to the line that is causing the access violation.
1>------ Build started: Project: sdl, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>C:\Users\Vigneshwar V\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\sdl\sdl\sdl.vcxproj : error MSB4014: The build stopped unexpectedly because of an internal failure.
1>C:\Users\Vigneshwar V\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\sdl\sdl\sdl.vcxproj : error MSB4014: Microsoft.Build.Exceptions.BuildAbortedException: Build was canceled. MSBuild.exe could not be launched as a child node as it could not be found at the location "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\MSBuild.exe". If necessary, specify the correct location in the BuildParameters, or with the MSBUILD_EXE_PATH environment variable.
1>C:\Users\Vigneshwar V\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\sdl\sdl\sdl.vcxproj : error MSB4014: at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.NodeManager.AttemptCreateNode(INodeProvider nodeProvider, NodeConfiguration nodeConfiguration)
1>C:\Users\Vigneshwar V\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\sdl\sdl\sdl.vcxproj : error MSB4014: at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.NodeManager.CreateNode(NodeConfiguration configuration, NodeAffinity nodeAffinity)
1>C:\Users\Vigneshwar V\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\sdl\sdl\sdl.vcxproj : error MSB4014: at Microsoft.Build.Execution.BuildManager.PerformSchedulingActions(IEnumerable`1 responses)
1>C:\Users\Vigneshwar V\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\sdl\sdl\sdl.vcxproj : error MSB4014: at Microsoft.Build.Execution.BuildManager.HandleNewRequest(Int32 node, BuildRequestBlocker blocker)
1>C:\Users\Vigneshwar V\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\sdl\sdl\sdl.vcxproj : error MSB4014: at Microsoft.Build.Execution.BuildManager.IssueRequestToScheduler(BuildSubmission submission, Boolean allowMainThreadBuild, BuildRequestBlocker blocker)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

THESE ARE THE ERROR MESSAGRES I GET WHEN I COMPILE
This error does not indicate anything wrong with your code, it has to do with the way you compile your code. Check MSDN for a fix.
anybody??
Quote:Original post by loveisgod
anybody??

Have you read any of the replies made so far.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement