• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Biberpelztrompete

Word completion on DX-functions

This topic is 6186 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hiya, my MS VC++ compiler always displays the function parameter when I typed the function. Dumb explanation, but I think you get the point. It like : I write : malloc( and VC++ 6.0 writes : void * malloc(size_t) in a nice yellow box How do I get such helpful information on my DX-routines : I write : D3DXLoadTextureFromFileEx( then nothing happens ... What am I doing wrong ?

Advertisement
I know what you are talking about, and I have never been able to get this to work either. As far as I can tell, you can''t get it to work (except with a few structures that go with dinput).

It works on my machine. I just include all the DirectX headers (that I use) and it completes almost everything. It doesn't complete any functions, like Direct3DCreate8(), but there are not that many in DirectX, unless you use D3DX. D3DX has a lot of functions but I haven't got it to work for those. It does however complete interfaces, structures, interface methods, and quite a few others.

Edited by - lshadow on August 10, 2001 9:02:20 AM

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!