Word completion on DX-functions

Started by
3 comments, last by Biberpelztrompete 22 years, 8 months ago
Hiya, my MS VC++ compiler always displays the function parameter when I typed the function. Dumb explanation, but I think you get the point. It like : I write : malloc( and VC++ 6.0 writes : void * malloc(size_t) in a nice yellow box How do I get such helpful information on my DX-routines : I write : D3DXLoadTextureFromFileEx( then nothing happens ... What am I doing wrong ?
Advertisement
I think... adding those D3D include files into the project might do it.... (hope so).

Happy trying.
"after many years of singularity, i'm still searching on the event horizon"
I thought so too but I was wrong. The code is working though the yellow help box does not show up.
I know what you are talking about, and I have never been able to get this to work either. As far as I can tell, you can''t get it to work (except with a few structures that go with dinput).
It works on my machine. I just include all the DirectX headers (that I use) and it completes almost everything. It doesn't complete any functions, like Direct3DCreate8(), but there are not that many in DirectX, unless you use D3DX. D3DX has a lot of functions but I haven't got it to work for those. It does however complete interfaces, structures, interface methods, and quite a few others.

Edited by - lshadow on August 10, 2001 9:02:20 AM
Working on: DoP

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement