Direct 3D 8 and 3D engine design

Started by
3 comments, last by The Canary Man 22 years, 8 months ago
I''ve been learning about d3d8 lately and I''ve started a meager engine of sorts. I realize it would save me a lot of time and frustration if I had more of a plan or guide while doing this, but I don''t know enough about 3d engines to know how I should structure it. Does anyone know of any resources where I could find some rough info on 3d engine architecture with an api such as direct3d?
Advertisement
"3D Game Engine Design" by David Eberly is fairly useful in this regard. It is, of course, OpenGL based.
- The trade-off between price and quality does not exist in Japan. Rather, the idea that high quality brings on cost reduction is widely accepted.-- Tajima & Matsubara
I''ll have to check that out. Know of anything that I can get for free, like an internet source?
I got 3d game engine design, and i have to say that although he makes references to OpenGL, i think that the book is much more on the theory and basic implementation side and has little that is API specific.
VSEDebug Visual Studio.NET Add-In. Enhances debugging in ways never thought possible.
Check out Elements of a Game Engine at flipCode.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement