Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

assembly SSE instructions

This topic is 5968 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''m trying to use inline assembly in a C program to take 4 C float variables, load them into a XMM register, multiply them by some value then put them back into the variables. I have the processor pack update for visual c++ so the instructions are supported, I just need to know how to properly do this. I think I use MOVAPS to load them into the XMM register and then MULPS to multiple the values in parallel. ? If anyone can show me how to do this or direct me to an article I would appreciate it thanks, Mike

well I don''t know of an artical on it... and I haven''t done anything with MMX SSE and all there friends... but one thing I do know is on intel''s website... under the developer section are some pdf docs that give you huge ammounts of info on there processers...
"Intel Architecture Software Developers Manual Volume 2 Instruction Set" is the one your looking for... have fun =)