assembly SSE instructions

Started by
0 comments, last by PsyCHo puNk 22 years, 8 months ago
I''m trying to use inline assembly in a C program to take 4 C float variables, load them into a XMM register, multiply them by some value then put them back into the variables. I have the processor pack update for visual c++ so the instructions are supported, I just need to know how to properly do this. I think I use MOVAPS to load them into the XMM register and then MULPS to multiple the values in parallel. ? If anyone can show me how to do this or direct me to an article I would appreciate it thanks, Mike
Advertisement
well I don''t know of an artical on it... and I haven''t done anything with MMX SSE and all there friends... but one thing I do know is on intel''s website... under the developer section are some pdf docs that give you huge ammounts of info on there processers...
"Intel Architecture Software Developers Manual Volume 2 Instruction Set" is the one your looking for... have fun =)
The Great Milenko"Don't stick a pretzel up your ass, it might get stuck in there.""Computer Programming is findding the right wrench to hammer in the correct screw."

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement