Game design game thread

Started by
15 comments, last by Impossible 22 years, 8 months ago
There hasn''t been a "design a game as you go" thread in a while, and I like this kind of thread a lot, so I''m starting one. Each person posts a new element of the game design, and what should be described next. I''ll start. Game type: Freeform 3D (6DOF) fighting game\RPG Setting: Ancient China Next: Hero character
Advertisement
You play an irate scotsman with a talent for the caber toss. He roams China searching for the master martial artist that killed his best sheepdog. He defeats his enemies by tossing massive tree trunks at them.

And if the timeline doesn''t match up, just throw some time travel in.

Next: the evil alien race
"It tastes like burning..."
The games name is HACKER:version 1.3 you play a role of a famous hacker. the game is entirely text based! im currently writing a Fictisous OS, all in text... then you get varous e-mails that give you jobs to hack and expliot the entire system. So far i have about 1/50 of the system actually done. And about 1/10th of the story line.
Programming the youth
You''ve done a great job of killing this thread Calibur. Maybe I wasn''t clear about the rules, but this is not "Post about whatever project I''m working on."
The evil alien race originated on earth itself. Deep inside the bowels of the earth, large deposits of uranium cause mutations in humans thus causing their body fluids to become deadly. They attack by running up to their enemies and blowing themselves up showering everything in the immediate vicinity with radioactive, corrosive, and deadly body fluids.

next: The heros defense against them

--------------------------

Whats a pretty girl like you doing in a dirty mind like mine?
Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music.
quote:Original post by Impossible
You''ve done a great job of killing this thread Calibur. Maybe I wasn''t clear about the rules, but this is not "Post about whatever project I''m working on."

I thought I was the one that killed it.
"It tastes like burning..."
The Scotsman''s super defense is to simply hide under his kilt. He has developed a natural immunity to bodily fluids after years of consuming the most foul parts of animals - liver, tripe, haggis, all common old scot food. His kilt is greasy with the fats and hide-oil of hundreds of sheep and goat along with their itinerant internals, cos the man kills what he eats. Kinda like Batman''s fusion cape or Blankman''s secret formula!

-Next: The Token Female Fighter Babe.

------------------
-WarMage
..."wonder twin powers" has GOT to be some kind of oxymoron...
No you didn''t kill it TookH, you just twisted it (which surprised me, but that''s what threads like this are for ).

Her name is Ping Xiu Zing Princess of the 3rd Han Dynasty. Her entire family was killed by evil aliens when she was a young girl and she has spent her entire life training with Shaolin monks to perfect her Kung Fu. She specializes in Chicken style, which involves all the parts of the chicken... beak, thigh, leg, wing (arms) and of course breasts. Her fatal attack would put DOA to shame.

Next: Basic control system\interface\buttons
Control of the game is based around realistically simulating the caber toss. Ideally, control is through a force-feedback joystick that can handle the required tactile load (diesel-powered joysticks of 30 horsepower or more is optimal), but a mouse can provide the same degree of control, though not realism. The game is displayed using a novel camera technique similar to the "over the shoulder" used in Tomb Raider, except this is more accurately described as "next to the left knee". In order to keep the RSAC from rating the game as "mature" because of the potential for looking up the kilt, freedom of camera movement is disabled.

The controls are similar to the commonly used WASD bindings, except that they are hardcoded to ''7'', ''Caps Lock'', ''Enter'', and the space bar, those being the furthest extents of the main keyboard in each direction. All other keys cause the character to pick up a log and heave it, except the S key, which makes the character say something quaintly Scottish, and the ''6'' and ''8'' keys, which restart the game.

Next: the gratuitous, high-budget voice talent by not-so-noted Hollywood stars!
The Scot will be voiced by Dougray Scott (the Prince from Ever After), Ping Xiu will be voiced by Kelly LeBrock, and all the evil aliens will be computer-modulated recordings of the SWAT guys from the Blues Brothers going "Huthuthuthuthuthut!!"

all other incidental charactes will be voice overs done by the cast of the WB''s hit show Buffy the.. err I mean Pokémon!!

Actualy, come to think of it, shouldn''t ALL the characters be done by Pokémon? It would allow for instantaneous internationalization because the cartoon is already done in like 9 languages...

Pikachu is the Scot (..CHUUUUUU!!!!)
Butterfree as Ping Xiu (FREEEEEeeee!!)
Squirtle as all the evil aliens (Squirtle Squirt! pop!! )

Next: since this is a fighting game, describe some Special Moves and how they affect the deformable terrain!

------------------
-WarMage
...assassassafrassassmorassassmolassassass...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement