help me to get started in computer graphics using directx

Started by
0 comments, last by Futurez 22 years, 8 months ago
hi every body, i have a situation here, there is a subject of computer graphics in my college, they have asked us to use a book called "computer graphics:principal & practice". now the problem is that i don''t know where to implementthe algo.(s) written there. I want to implement it in Directx but i am unable to find any place to get me started. I want to implement the line drawing algo.(s) in directx, can somebody help me out here.........please. i have little knowledge of directx which i got reading various articles on game programming but these articles doesn''t even touched drwaing simple algo.(s) like line drawing. please somebody help me out........
Advertisement
I assume by algorithms you mean like line drawing, scaling, rotation, etc.

There are several articles on this site which are about DirectDraw. DirectDraw lets you access the pixel data directly and sounds exactly like what you''re looking for.

There is no function in DirectDraw like DrawLine(), you have to impliment it yourself. If you get how to draw pixels and use directdraw but need more help with algorithms your professor should be able to provide assistance or point you in the proper direction.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement