To LostLogic

Started by
19 comments, last by Fitore 22 years, 7 months ago
no, but that would take years with my netzero connection,
Advertisement
Hi there - just thought I''d drop by. Just bought your book in the UK and tried to install the SDK myself (on a machine with a just-about fresh install of WinME). Microsoft''s DX8 SDK install program seems to stop suddenly at around 23% completion, leaving very little of the SDK installed (no docs, very few demos). The amount installed changes on whether you ask for a complete or custom install, but I haven''t had it complete an installation yet. Parts of it are usable, but the high end SDK demos don''t run - nice book, shame about Microsoft''s installer!
oh brother, thats exactly what happened to me,
and i most stinky thing is, i email the publisher for like a hundred time, and got no reply.
you know andre lamothe''s book had a corrupted cd too, i send them an email, and they sent me a new, fully functional cd right away,
so here is to lostlogic, if you and your publishers dont care about us readers, dont count on us to buy a second book from you
:-<
Fitore,

I understand your frustration, but believe me, I have no control over how fast the publisher responds to you. I will send them an email and ask what can be done.

I''ll keep you posted.

LostLogic
www.lostlogic.com
Author, Multiplayer Game Programming

LostLogicwww.GamerOutfit.comXBox 360 Community Games Reviews and NewsExisled - 2D/3D Shooter for XBox 360

I haven''t confirmed this, but I believe the SDK on the cd has truncated filenames under the Include direcory for the DX header files.

My system too has puked since the installation. I''m gonna look into the issue over the weekend when i have more time.

I''m guessing downloading the SDK direct might help...
I have sent an email to the publisher. I will let you know when I get an answer.

LostLogic
www.lostlogic.com
Author, Multiplayer Game Programming

LostLogicwww.GamerOutfit.comXBox 360 Community Games Reviews and NewsExisled - 2D/3D Shooter for XBox 360

well, thanx,
I too have had problems with installing the sdk, FROM BOTH OPENGL GAME PROGRAMMING and MULTIPLAYER GAME PROGRAMMING books made by primatech. I guess they hired the same F*$#N MORON to create the cd''s for both books. Jesus i wish they would check their work before sending it out like this...not once, but twice!

Anyways, my unzips a lot, if not all the sdk files to windows/temp, but the installer craps out also at about 20%.

Lostlogic, you said people are "MANUALLY" installing the sdk. Can you alude me to what exactly they are doing?? I WILL ONLY DOWNLOAD THE SDK FROM INTERNET AS LAST RESORT, since it looks like i have all the files here.

thanks, and i know you are not the publisher.
well, i tried to download the sdk redlist, but with my netzero connection, it jammed before i was half way there, i tried to email the publisher again, for the ninth time, but i guess they just dont give a f*ck about us readers, i swear god i will not buy another book from the motherf*cking primatech ever again
Fitore, just for future reference, when you try downloading something huge from a slow modem, like mine and yours, use a download program that has the capability to "resume" a download if the connection breaks. Examples include gozilla and getright. Although sometimes a server wont let u use these progs, it really saves the day on huge 50mb files sometimes....

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement