intelli sense

Started by
2 comments, last by diego_rodriguez 22 years, 8 months ago
sometimes visual studio shows those nifty parameter-info tooltips when typing an opengl-function but mostly not does someone know how to make visual studio to show them always ?! (to avoid mixing up parameters ;-))
Advertisement
I''ve found it doesn''t do that for everything too. I read somewhere that adding the header file containing the function declarations in your project helps

that''s absolutely correct. adding the header files in the include folder automatically invokes msvc6 to load up in your classview tab, which means those nifty popups work with whatever''s loaded in classview. i haven''t tried this yet with the opengl headers, but i''m going to soon as i get home.

a2k
------------------General Equation, this is Private Function reporting for duty, sir!a2k
Yes intelli sense is very picky about what it sees and doesn''t see.

Intelli sense won''t work correctly in the following situations.

1. You make a syntax error like forgetting to close a bracket, or mis-spelling something, or forgetting a semicolen.

2. If the libraries aren''t in the default Visual C++ directories or actualy included in your project.

Obviously this is very frustrating. Lately I''ve been using a program called "Visual Assist". It provides the functionality of intellisence but on a much greater scale. It underlines misspellings, coding errors, and does alot of other things. There is a 30 day trial at http://www.wholetomato.com . The only problem for most is that it costs $75.00 for the registered version. After you''ve used it for 30 days you won''t want to give it up.
Joseph FernaldSoftware EngineerRed Storm Entertainment.------------------------The opinions expressed are that of the person postingand not that of Red Storm Entertainment.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement