Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dismantler

Copy Screen to primary surface

I have a function called Copy_Screen, but it only copies half of my bitmap that''s loaded into memory. It''s for 16 bit. Here it is: int Copy_Screen(UCHAR *source_bitmap,UCHAR *dest_buffer, int lpitch, int transparent) { UCHAR *dest_addr, // starting address of bitmap in destination *source_addr; // starting adddress of bitmap data in source UCHAR pixel; // used to hold pixel value int index, pixel_x, lpitch_2 = lpitch >> 1; // compute starting destination address dest_addr = dest_buffer; // compute the starting source address source_addr = source_bitmap; // is this bitmap transparent if (transparent) { // copy each line of bitmap into destination with transparency for (index=0; index< SCREEN_HEIGHT; index++) { // copy the memory for (pixel_x=0; pixel_x

Now it''s asking for a cast!! How would I do this?

error C2664: ''Copy_Screen'' : cannot convert parameter 1 from ''unsigned short'' to ''unsigned short *''
Conversion from integral type to pointer type requires reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast

Is it something like (USHORT *) then the call to Copy_Screen?

Nevermind, I forgot to lock the primary surface... =^|

Heh, I''m talking to my self...

But now it copies a 1/4 of the bitmap, which is worse than the first time... Help?

Well, your first task should have been to tell us whether it''s calling it with transparent = true or transparent = false first. And to try it with both variations. That cuts your debugging time by half, assuming that only 1 of them is bugged. As it is, we have to look through both sections when, most likely, only one of them has a problem.

My first guess is that you have no reason to be dividing pitch by two. If you are using USHORT* for dest_addr, then pitch is measured in pixels and therefore shouldn''t be halved.

Thanks for the help, but I figured it out on my own. =^)

Kylotan was right, only one of them are bugged, the non-transparent one. So i used the transparent one which gave the same result. Once again, thanks for the help guys.