Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ahmed Saleh

Help Please..

hello all i have got Trics Of Windows Game Programming Gurus it''s a good book.. my question in Last Chapte in the OutPost Game in the OutArt if u saw the pictures u will see pictures of MAIN MENU i want to load this menu in the Game how Can i Load it and Choose From It... and Very Very Thanks sorry for waste you''r time..

Yeah, there''s a ton of extra images in there. They aren''t used in the game, it just looks like LaMothe planned on making that sample bigger than he did. There''s an instruction screen in there, which tells about being able to hack into the outposts and other stuff. He just left this stuff out. The game is only a sample, after all. But it would be fun to try to modify the game and include all the stuff he left out.

Hi,
The whole point of the book was to teach DX & basic game programming. If you actually read through the book and learn the information, you will know how to make your own levels, a main menu screen, and many other things you can do in 2D. Give it a try. Relying on engines written by LaMothe is not a good practice to becoming a skilled programer.

But that''s just my advice. :-)

Have fun learning game programming and stick to it.

--Nairb

In his book, Andre Lamothe explain how his engine work. I think you can find info for the graphic stuff at the end of the chapter 8. And if u need help to know how it work, just take a look at the code of Outpost.