compiler built in PS2?

Started by
2 comments, last by Kint 22 years, 8 months ago
ive seen some sort of editor built in the PS2 and my friend says that your supposed to be able to make games with it. Is that truth or is it plain BS?
Advertisement
There''s something call Net Yarzoo or something that Sony sold in Japan that lets hobbyist program the PS2. I think they also sold a Linux kit in Japan, and are surverying the markey in the US. There''s a petition thread elsewhere on GameDev to get Sony to sell the linux kits in the US, and a link to Sony''s website where you can fill in a survery saying you''d be interested in buying one.

You can plug a USB keyboard & mouse into the thing, and they make harddrives & netcards for it as well.

I have no idea what (if any) tools are burned-into the prom''s of the PS2.

Magmai Kai Holmlor
- Not For Rent
- The trade-off between price and quality does not exist in Japan. Rather, the idea that high quality brings on cost reduction is widely accepted.-- Tajima & Matsubara
"YABASIC" - Its available in Europe too (although cynics believe the reason is to do with tax differences between a "computer" and a "console" over here - add a keyboard and a programming language and you can call it a computer thus getting bigger tax breaks and more sales).

Point your browser at:

http://www.playstation-basic.com

--
Simon O''''Connor
Creative Asylum Ltd
www.creative-asylum.com

Simon O'Connor | Technical Director (Newcastle) Lockwood Publishing | LinkedIn | Personal site

Hey Magmai Kai Holmlor, get your facts strait. The Net Yaroze is the black developement PSX (playstation) console, not for PS2 developement. The Linux kit for PS2 might be realeased here. Sony Computer Entertainment is not sure yet. They released a questionare at www.ps2linux.scea.com on whether or not you would be interested in purchasing a PS2 Linux kit if it were sold here. If you have not filled out your yes response yet, go there now and do so!!!!!!! The more support, the better. For your info, the PS2 Linux kit consists of PS2 Emotion Engine compilation of Linux, the PS2 Runtime Environment, a GCC compiler, and some other stuff.

Edem Attiogbe
Edem Attiogbe

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement