Using LightWave with PR4

Started by
1 comment, last by bmurphy 22 years, 8 months ago
Hi, I downloaded the trial version of Power Render 4 and I''m having a problem. I tried creating 3D models in LightWave 6.5b and loading them into PRO Edit and they don''t display at all! No error, just a blank screen. I even tried exporting the objects to 3DS format but still nothing. Also, I converted the objects to triangles and still nothing. Is there anything special that needs to be done to make these objects acceptable to PR4? Scale size in LightWave? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks... Barry
Advertisement
Go into the material editor and make sure the render method is GOURAUD_TEXTURED and the color slider bars are turned all the way up (255).

-Rich
You must apply a material to the surfaces in LW. PR doesn''t apply a default grey surface like LW does. Also the scale might be a problem. LW''s default scale is small and will need to be scaled up in the engine.

An easy way to find out what is happening is to change the background color in PRO Edit to something other than black. This way you can see if the object is there, but totally black (hence a lighting/material/texture problem) or not there at all (geometry importing problem).
Author of Power Render (http:/www.powerrender.com)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement