Headphones..

Started by
15 comments, last by warhound 13 years, 10 months ago
Whilst programming a good programmer cannot listen to game testers and graphic artists all day long...

That is why I want to get wireless noise cancellation headphones..
Any ideas? :)
Advertisement
Moving to the Lounge.

Wielder of the Sacred Wands
[Work - ArenaNet] [Epoch Language] [Scribblings]

Thanks,sorry :)
Slayer, Voivod, Atheist
I want headphones not songs :P
I used to have a pair of Sony earbuds that, while they weren't noise cancelling, were great for blocking out external noises. They were similar to:

These

I think mine were a bit more expensive though were a few years old. The only reason I had to get rid of them is the rubber parts eventually fell off (they give you 2 sets). They actually work better than my real headphones (which are also not noise cancelling).

Otherwise, I don't know how reliable they are, but I saw some pairs of cans at Best Buy that were specifically gaming headphones so they were like 5.1 and noise cancelling. Surprisingly they were near the console games as they were tuned for console gaming and such so assuming their quality is good those might be a good idea. However, they were like easily $100-$300 a set.

=============================RhinoXNA - Easily start building 2D games in XNA!Projects

thanks for that! I do want them though to be wireless!
Get a decent pair of Sennheiser open headphones. Open headphones tend to sound more natural, but leak out more sound. Closed headphones block out more of the world, but don't sound as nice. I'd start with the PC161's. They have some great sound and are only $90 or so. It also has a mic attached for VOIP.

If you like them you can delve deeper into audiophile-esque world. Try head-fi.org for more info.

EDIT: didn't see the wireless part. I know they make wireless headphones, so look around.
I use the Sennheiser HDR120 at work to drown out all those noisy QA people and they work great. They are not noise cancellation so I can still hear *some* of what's going on around me, but they sound really nice. My favorite part is that they're wireless and have a rechargeable stand so I never have to change batteries. Thumbs up.

A lot of the developers around me use wired Bose headphones that have incredible noise cancellation. I'm not sure the model, but they're about $100-$150 if that helps. They work so well that it is very easy to scare them by walking up behing them :) Also, the Bose have better bass if that's an issue for you.
I start considering non-wireless as I wont be able to use them "on the way to work" I am thinking to get a noise cancellation set so that I can work in peace and maybe later I ll get some wireless ones to have fun with at home but slowly I start to see that wireless ones are just funky gadgets ;)

I am thinking about those 5.1 or 7.1 headphones but do they worth the money?

PS: What do you think about these ones: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-MDR-NC60-Quality-Cancelling-Headphones/dp/tech-data/B000OQ5OOM/ref=de_a_smtd

[Edited by - Tipotas688 on June 10, 2010 4:09:16 AM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement