Repairing the Universe - Game Idea

Started by
25 comments, last by sunandshadow 22 years, 7 months ago
quote:An example of what I can think of would be Pulp fiction.

Hmm.. now I''m starting to think that someone one should make a Max Payne clone with a story like the movie Momento. Oh yea!

The thing is, Pulp fiction never have a definate straight story to tell and the whole movie was done in random chronological order. That will have an effect of lowering the impact of the final outcome to the players mainly because they will be unsure if it is really the end or not.

quote:You can get ... a ... guy ?! My personal dissapointement was with Season of Sakura where I don''t seem to be able to get the girl who wants to become a nun, and that dark moddy one, my favourite

You can''t get the guy in True love sorry to disappoint you. But you can get a guy in a similar game called May Club though... maybe that''s the game you were thinking? My problem with Season of Sakura is that I can''t get the gloomy, short white hair girl that looks like Rei and got so frustrated having to start over everytime having to read all the conversations again. Bad game design, Grrrr.

quote:I haven''t seen any vision of escaflowne, unfortunately, but the local science fiction society''s just getting geared up for the year, who knows, they may end up showing some.

I have only seen a few episodes of escaflowne but not enough to comment on it. Another anime you could check out about changing fate is El Hazard. It''s overall story and plot is very well done and the hook at the start is really excellent.
-------------Blade Mistress Online
Advertisement
Ahhh, young grasshopper. You are obviously not skilled in the fine art of smooth talking! I sat down at a LAN one morning, after everyone had finally gone to sleep, and finished True Love in every way possible. And yes, you CAN get the guy (your best friend). I''ve forgotten how to exactly, but if I can be bothered getting the game out again I''ll let you know.

I still think the best one was the cat ... heh.
I am quite confused, because it was mroe like a prelude to a book then a idea for a game. You introduced two charecters. I like the writing, and I think it would be good as a beggining movie for a game, but I cant find a plot.

I can however think this:
The Goddess has trouble creatting by herself so she uses the girls dreams to create the world, since she dreams of it as a beautiful place.
The question is which is easier, repairing the world, or making a dream come true?
------------------------------Put THAT in your smoke and pipe it
Sarazen: Do tell me if you remember! Did you actually get a picture sequence with him? I got a cheat that supposedly extracted all the pics from the game for you and there weren''t any "reward" ones of him. If there weren''t any pics I doubt it would be worth the attempt.

Drizzt: The plot is really quite simple: You are a goddess. Because of a moral imperative you must fix the universe. Because you don''t completely understand the weaknesses and reactions of the intelligences that have evolved here, you are using them as tools/mediums to guide the repairs, as a safety precaution. The universe itself and people''s agendas and beliefs resist you. When you have overcome all resistance, solved all puzzles, and cleaned up all side effects, you have effectively "saved the universe" just like in your typical RPG, everyone lives happily ever after, the end.

What I really need to do is figure out what the settings, protagonists, and mini-goals of the various chapters are, what resists each one, what each solution is, how to ensure that the gameplay is good, and how to get a team to put the game together.

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

Hello,

The script looks very impressive so far.
I have some ideas for splitting the game up into several levels.
Each level could be another mission.
Some missions could be :
- save endangered species.
- recover the missing DNA sequence of endangered species
- create new species to work for you
- work with old civilizations to recover old wise knowledge
like indians, shamans.
- work with spirits

So its kind of like the game black and white? The only difference is your recreating the world rather than having it premade.If this is based on true facts there would be more thn 75,000,000 hours of game play, lol. I like the idea, and I think if you can find the right programmers(not lazy, and not stupid ) you can make money off of this game. if you want to get some ideas, you should play the game black and white. its not the same, but theres many concpets, and you could learn alot from it. The idea seems pretty origonal though, and since you have been responding to everyone input you seem pretty serios about it. So, good luck.

"I''''ve sparred with creatures from the nine hells themselves... I barely plan on breaking a sweat here, today."~Drizzt Do''''Urden
------------------------------Put THAT in your smoke and pipe it
Thank you for your mission suggestions code-x

Um. Let me emphasize that this will be an RPG-adventure hybrid, and so no much like black and white, which I understand to be a strategy game (not sure, since I haven''t played it). I am aiming for 40-60 hrs of gameplay including movies.

I have a forum for my game design team now! Come visit!

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement